Skip to main content

Peter Obi: Pastor Poju Deletes Tweets After Reactions



The Senior Pastor of The Covenant Nation, Poju Oyemade, has deleted a Twitter thread, which some tweeps felt was directed at their preferred presidential candidate, Peter Obi.

Oyemade on Thursday tweeted, “Faith is not just blind belief or hoping for a miracle. Faith sees. Faith has her eyes opened and possesses the evidence upon which it builds its belief. Faith prepares long, sometimes for years just as Joseph did for the years of famine. Faith counts the cost before embarking.
“Without having real evidence upon which you are acting nor preparation for the task, recognising real obstacles that lie ahead and making concrete plans, one is just being delusional about the outcome. The enthusiasm of the youth must not be wasted on poorly planned projects.
“Noah spent months/years planning for the flood & he was operating in faith. Jesus said no man goes to battle without taking stock first nor lays the foundation of a tower without counting the cost first lest he will be mocked. Our faith is intelligent it doesn't live in denial.”
A wave of reaction had trailed the tweets, which have now been deleted.
Even as he has deleted the tweets, his name is still trending on Twitter with varied reactions.
A tweep, Afam said, “I’m not sure why Pastor Poju deleted his tweet. He received several push backs but most of them were people disagreeing without being insulting.
"His tweet was pragmatic. But the youth now know that pragmatism gets you more of the same sh*t in Nigeria. And we are tired if it.”
Nkem tweeted, “Pastor Poju should have read the mood of the nation before putting out that tweet. Does he know the amount of time and money people have sacrificed since this movement started? If he had come out to support Tinubu that would even have been better than talking down on the struggle.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

N-Power: FG extends Batch C enrolment Aug 8

FG extends Batch C N-Power enrollment to August 8 Add caption The Federal Government says the enrolment for Batch C scheme of the N-Power Programme which started on June 26 will now close on August 8. Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Sadiya Umar-Farouq, who disclosed this via  Twitter on Sunday night, said over 5 million applications have been received for the scheme. The Federal Government plans to enrol 400,000 applicants in the Batch C scheme. Batches A and B of the programme who are about to exit the programme held a rally at the National Assembly Complex last week, requesting FG to employ them as well as pay them a grant of N600,000 each. Providing an update on the development, the minister said on Sunday, “I received the news of a protest at the National Assembly by N-Power Batch A and B beneficiaries who presented a list of demands which we are reviewing and will address as practically possible. “Let me reiterate that th...

Local investors take charge as foreign investors remain cautious amid FX scarcity

Local investors take charge as foreign investors remain cautious amid FX scarcity Renewed positive sentiments in the global space dominated markets in the month of May as investors’ optimism for a speedy economic recovery continues to support appetite for risky assets. This is also coming on the heels of ease in lockdown and gradual reopening of economic activities. In Nigeria, domestic investors took the driving seat at the nation’s equities market in the month of May as they took positions in cheap and dividend-paying bellwether stocks. On the other hand, foreign investors who are unable to move their funds from the country due to FX scarcity rolled their money back into the equities market. In the month of May, total value of transactions executed by domestic Investors out performed transactions executed by Foreign Investors by 40percent. According to data released by the Nigeria Stock Exchange, total transactions executed between May and April revealed that total domest...

NAIRA WEAKENS TO LOWEST IN THREE YEARS

NAIRA WEAKENS TO LOWEST IN THREE YEARS The Naira yesterday weakened to the lowest in over three years in the parallel market due to increased demand for dollars amid foreign-currency shortages. The local currency depreciated to N495 to a dollar yesterday, lowest since February 23, 2017, widening the gap with the official rate of N379.5 to over 30 per cent. The currency traded in the interbank market at 389.74 as of 4:54p.m. in Lagos. Agency reports quoted traders as alleging a groundswell of diversion of dollars, a development which heightened scarcity of the green back in the parallel market this week. There is a diversion of inflows away from official channels to the parallel market due to the gap in rates, Murega Mungai, trading desk manager for Aza Finance said in a note Thursday. The market spread has created arbitrage opportunities for recipients of remittances such as exporters and private individuals. Pent up demand in the foreign exchange market is not unprecedente...